TIPS FROM CELEB MAKE-UP EXPERT Lori Klein
Always look at individual ingredients! Beware of fragrance and even essential oil blends. You never know what ingredients brands are using if not individually listed. It takes a little experimenting to find the right products for you. Even within brands, it can be beneficial to look at each product individually. This could be frustrating, but that’s where your apps/websites can be helpful.
EWG healthy Living (iPhone and Android)
Think Dirty (iPhone only)
Good Guide (iPhone, iPad only
Single Ingredient Organic Beauty Products
- Coconut Oil: Great for moisturizing very dry skin and removing make-up*
- Argan Oil: A good moisturizer, especially for acne-prone skin
- Grapeseed Oil: Great for washing face/removing make-up*
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Beneficial as a toner, helps with texture/uneven skin tone
- Rosewater: Can be used as a toner or sprayed over your makeup for a dewy finish
- Tamanu Oil: Used as a moisturizer, also beneficial for skin with any scarring
*To use oils for washing face/removing make-up: massage oil into face for around 30 seconds, use warm wash cloth to then wipe away.
After treatment for fuller brows and eyelashes
- Revitalash and Revitalbrow
- Coconut oil
Tips for applying false eyelashes:
- Before applying, hold lashes up to your eye to determine how much lashes might need to be shortened. Cut them to fit with a small scissor.
- Before applying glue to lash, hold each end of lash with 2 hands and gently roll/bend lash to better form to your eye. While holding flat bend into “U” shape then bend in upside down “U” shape.
- Apply glue to the edge of lash strip. WAIT a minute so glue becomes tacky.
When there is little or no brows or you just need some extra help, there are eyebrow stencils available from companies to help enhance and fill in sparse or even non-existent eyebrows.
Tips for applying stencils:
- Hold the stencil in place. Eyebrows should start in line with nostrils.
- They will end with angle from outside of the nose to the top of stencil.
- The arch will be from a diagonal line from the middle of the tip of the nose to top of the stencil.
- Eyebrows can be filled and defined with powders, pencils or gels.
- When using powder apply with a small angle brush.
Color and texture with eye make-up
- Go for the color!
- Use felt tip eyeliners, gels or pencils and create a festive makeup with colorful liners.
- Use shimmer shadows to bring attention to beautiful eyes.
- There are beautiful highlighters available in powders, creams and sticks.
- Use highlighters on areas of the face that you would like to emphasize and draw light to: above the cheekbones, brow bone, above upper lip, forehead and even eyelids.
- Gives an illuminating finish accentuating all the right places.
- Blush or Bronzer
- Highlighter, possibly with more shimmer